- Last night D. and I went to see Regina Spektor. She's awesome, genuine, funny, sincere, and an amazingly talented musician. Her opener, Only Son, was a solo goofy guy with an iPod, rocking out. Their performance together in the encore (he was beatboxing, she was singing a capella) was gobsmacking.
- D and I are going with blackwingedboy to a tasting on the Skansonia, to get some ideas about what we'll choose to have in our wedding reception. That's this afternoon, and things are very busy today. I'll be glad to spend some time with the two of them. The schedule today's so packed that it feels a little stressful, but I'm trying to let go of that.
- I just got back a draft of my first generals paper from Advisor. She says "this needs a lot of work, and it needs to be about 20 pp shorter." She's right. Also, she said "I won't give you any more feedback on this paper, so it can be yours. I'll start editing again after the generals, so we can submit it." *sigh*. I suppose I will take most of a day this weekend to rewrite some big chunks. Sunday, perhaps. I'm really tired of this first paper, and I'm not inspired by it. I hope that rewriting what I have to say to be shorter will help me get inspired by it again.
- I have to start running human beans through my experiments for the second paper, too, and I need to do that this week. i'm much more interested in that project right now, partly because it's exciting and partly (to be honest) because it's not the other one.
- D. and I have been having some serious conversations about what we're working for in our relationship. One of the things I'm realizing is that I'm often coming into conversations with her without starting from where I am -- a focus on the other in exclusion of a focus on myself. Noticing that habit is a good thing, and beginning from where I am is a good place for me to be meeting the world -- and especially the woman I am marrying in a few months.
- I have French class in 20 minutes. I'm enjoying it but feeling like there are too many annoying small meetings during my day to get things done. and i spend a lot of time on internet stuff instead of work as well. focus questions are stressing me a bit.
- I go to visit my counselor after French class. I have a lot to discuss there. I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about it, and I'm not sure how to separate the various things I mention above. I guess that's his job.
- Tomorrow is the last day of the work week. I feel like there's a lot to do, and I don't get it done during the week. Some changes need to happen there, and I can't see what they are yet.
I don't understand: we're practically cloning humans, but we can't get a computer to translate properly. Somebody should really work on this."Great," I said. Boy, is that play going to be all about me.
I mean, we can get those things to do our taxes! We can have books come to our house, but we can't get it to translate 'host' properly?
Stop blogging me! this is going to turn into some kind of play. I know I have a play lurking in me that has to do with some computer guy....