In an hour's conversation with him, we talked about
- Daniel Dennett and whether fructivore's cat has adopted the intentional stance towards him,
- the late Octavia Butler's Xenogenesis trilogy,
- the irony of "alpha and omega" referring to the soundless glottal stop,
- post-omega-point SF and its relation to colonial theory (fructivore, you still owe me a reference here!),
- the irritation of fellow C-coders who won't follow practice;
- aforementioned C code's similarity to Arabic (no diacritics and the vowels are omitted).
Too bad he lives so far away; those conversations would be more fun in person. and my ear wouldn't be sore.