Found an interesting page on the not-so-old Warnock's Dilemma.
You post a comment or question to a forum. No one responds. Did no one respond (as Warnock considers) because:
- The post is correct, well-written information that needs no follow-up commentary. There's nothing more to say except "Yeah, what he said."
- The post is complete and utter nonsense, and no one wants to waste the energy or bandwidth to even point this out.
- No one read the post, for whatever reason.
- No one understood the post, but won't ask for clarification, for whatever reason.
- No one cares about the post, for whatever reason.
- from Brian C. Warnock's post to Perl discussion group list.